International Health Insurance for Students Studying Abroad or in the US
For Students Coming to the USA or Going Abroad to Study
Welcome Students. Welcome Parents of International Students.
Did you know that a student health insurance policy may be a better option than a traditional health insurance plan? Did you know that this year more U.S. students are going to study in less traditional destinations? Or that more international students are coming to the U.S. than ever before and from an ever growing list of nations? Our goal is to keep students safe.
This Site was created to answer your student/safety questions and provide you with the best medical and health insurance options and rates for students: For those interested in studying abroad, those participating in AIFS programs, as well as those coming to study in the U.S.A. under J1 and F1 student visas.
Protecting students and non-profit charitable workers and organizations has been our goal since 1997. As an insurance brokerage staffed by those who have worked and studied overseas themselves, we understand the unique questions and needs of those both coming to the USA from overseas, as well as helping U.S. students who are going abroad to study or intern internationally.
For Students coming to the U.S.A. – Our most recommended international student insurance plan
GEOBLUE (FORMERLY HTH) NAVIGATOR STUDENT PLAN
For U.S. students going overseas to study – We recommend:
HTH U.S. STUDENTS ABROAD TRAVEL HEALTH PLAN
Now contracting with universities and educational organizations to provide:
Insurance options that meet your organizations exact requirements and specifications
Immigrants coming to the U.S.A.
International students planning to study in the USA, or currently studying in the USA, are required to show proof of international health insurance coverage as part of their university admission process. U.S. law mandates that college degree programs and universities in the USA require proof of medical insurance including minimum levels of protection so that you have medical coverage should you need it and are protected in case of emergencies or hospitalization. These minimum standards are set by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the US Department of State.
For U.S. students going abroad, the insurance plans we have carefully pre-selected have many of these same benefits and protections, some even greater protections, only for those traveling overseas. You choose the amount of coverage, and/or deductible (amount you are required to pay) you prefer.
We have J1 and F1-compliant STLD (Short-term Limited Duration) medical health insurance and emergency medical insurance for undergraduates/graduate students participating in:
- English as a Second Language (ELS) and Teaching English as a Second Language (TESOL) programs,…
- Those participating in the AIFS College Study Abroad Program or through American Institute For Foreign Study (AIFS),…
- or going overseas with the Institute of International Education (IIE),…
- Association of International Education Administrators (AIEA) programs,…
- Association of International Educators (NAFSA) programs,…
- Graduate and professional programs such as the NAGPS
- Those participating in (ISO) International Student Organizations,…
- As well as those interested in interning abroad or doing international internships overseas.
- We also protect the families and dependents of students (F2, J2)
We make getting great insurance easy. And we enable students to have new, life-changing experiences, while protecting them from bad experiences that could change their lives forever.
How To Apply
We have made the process of applying for health insurance coverage as easy as possible – Follow these simple steps to get a free quote:
- Locate the recommended/correct insurance plan.
- Click “Apply Online” or “Get more information”
- Fill out the requested information to get a free quote (via email)
- Check your email inbox – We deliver quotes usually within 24 hours
- Apply online or call us toll-free for help – 1(866)636-9100
- If your school requires a waiver form, please complete that with your details. Email or fax your completed waiver form to:
Fax: 1-480-813-9930 or Email: [email protected]
Once we receive your waiver form, or acknowledgement of payment we will complete our portion within 24 hours (often the same day) and rush you your proof of insurance/medical card as well as send the necessary paperwork to your school for processing.
Your school may recommend a group health insurance program if you have not already arranged your own J-1/F-1 visa compliant health insurance. The goal of www.GNIHealth.com is to help you find the most affordable, responsive medical insurance available to students at student rates.